Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Update 8/25/08

This weekend was like any other weekend--started off strong with some heavy drinking on Thursday and peetered into nothingness by Sunday night. This is the way I like to live my life.

Saturday was my going away party (I leave for China in less than a week!) and like all parties I throw, there was minimal turnout, but it was OK. I had a pretty good time, even if it wasn't what I had planned for. And there's a fuck ton of PBR in my fridge still. E'rybody loves PBR, right? OK, there's also some Sam Adams and quite a few microbrews (a seasonal called "Twilight!!"), too. I suppose I'm digressing here, the beer content of my fridge really has nothing to do with fashion--except maybe for accounting for part of my need to wear plus-sized clothes!

Photobucket

This is a combination of what I wore today and a couple of pictures of Kaitlin, Elaura and Heidi from the party on Saturday. The details on what I wore:

Cardigan, Xhilaration at Target; T-Shirt, Old Navy; Pants, Torrid; Shoes, Xhilaration at Target.

I'm comfortable, I love my old man cardigan, which has become crazy soft with the constant washing it's been going through. And I L-O-V-E these jellies, even if they are almost noisier than wearing a pair of heels. I just don't care.

Something you may not know is that I really do go to school (during the school year, at least) and am actually a double major. I may have mentioned advertising a few times on here, as it's my primary major, but I don't think I've said much about art. Well, my other major is art. I don't actually make much art and I haven't taken an art course in a few terms, but I'm an art major and I do have a specific style...I turn photographs into comic-like computer illustrations. I made quite a few this weekend, that's why I'm bringing it up. I thought I'd show you:

Photobucket

This is Heidi from an outing earlier this summer. All the leaves in this took me forever to draw and fill in, but I'm fond of it. Do you like?

1 comment:

Want2Travel said...

I totally love this. I had no idea this is what you like to do. It is beautiful.