Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Feet

I spent the better part of my youth in dance classes. I'm not saying I was ever great or on my way to being prima ballerina by any means, but I enjoyed it and I spent a lot of time immersed in dance culture. Other than the nasty habit of practicing steps in the grocery store, I developed a deep hatred of feet from dancing. I know a lot of girls in the same boat as me, I think it stems from the abuse your feet endure from the shoes (or lack thereof). Have you ever seen a pointe dancer's feet? Ick! I ended up with massive callouses on my heels and the balls of my feet and baby and big toes. So fucking disgusting. Because of this, I've come to form immaculate foot care habits, including my daily pedicures. Yes, you heard that right. It's just a quick scrub and lotion, if you don't polish your nails, it only takes about 10 minutes, but it makes all the difference in the world. You just pop in the shower and then take care of your feet at the same time as you're lotioning your body. Brilliant for peep toes and sandals! Here it is, my 10 minute pedicure for idiots:

Photobucket

No comments: